Sunday, January 16, 2011

Make something every day

And so it continues!

I left off on Tuesday. As hoped I worked on headbands. I completed these two lovelies.




Wednesday was a 'crafty day'. It was a blustery, snowy day, so we stayed in and I crafted. I made several of these two banners/garlands. The first was made with little puff balls that I just put a needle and embroidery floss through. The second is made from string threaded through punched circles. Here is what they look like completed with the birthday banner.


I also had fun with my camera on Wednesday. You'll have to check my PHOTO BLOG in a few days. I've been participating in a weekly photo challenge. I hope to update there sometime in the next week.

Thursday I worked on a little food creation for the party. I started with little baking cups, which I spread out and painted with water colors. These are the petal portion of my chocolate covered marshmallow flowers.


Friday I spent much time preparing, baking cupcakes, dipping pretzels and marshmallows. I'd love to say they were all a hit, but when let lose to go grab some treats, everyone was more impressed with the gumballs. Whatever! A few did enjoy my hard work! At least they look great!


I do think I'd prefer the taste of chocolate covered marshmallows than the vanilla/white chocolate, but my priority was how they looked! And, they of course don't taste BAD!!! I found this confetti melting chocolate, darling! I covered one and left it plain, then decided to add sprinkles to the top of all of them.

I, of course had to try dipping the chocolate covered pretzels in colored sugar too!


Saturday I created a birthday party!!! Q had a 'craft party' and we made headbands, bracelets, bags and picture frames. That was enough for one day!


3 comments:

  1. cute, cute ideas. I might be stealing some of these for Olivia's baptism! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! & So crafty! Love all this fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete