Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm so in love

I am so in love with this last project I've finally finished. I got this piece at a little gift shop that was going out of business. All had to go including furniture. This was an old brown thing. I sanded it down and painted it white and hit a delay figuring out what to do w/ the back of it. I decided to order wallpaper and covered the back w/ this yellow damask. I am drooling w/ love. It turned out SO great! I can't wait to get all of my goodies into it! The bottom is a great place to store toys in our front room. Hmmmmm, love!

Before... in pieces


After... love


I've also finished G's desk and Q's chair.

I found G's desk on craigslist. I probably paid a little too much for it, but it was still only $20. Just, compared to Q's desk that is so beefy that I got for the same price, I feel I overpaid! Whatever!
The legs on this little desk were sort of retro and looked feminine to me, so I bought some wood and had M cut and attach it to the desk. I went w/ blue and still don't have drawer pulls. I have to special order those!

Before...


After...


And, Q's chair I got at a yard sale for $1. Isn't it a jewel? I love how it turned out.

Before...


After...

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it!!! You always inspire me!! We got this computer desk thing from Scott's cousin. Thanks to you, I am going to change the color and hopefully replace Scott's cluttered desk! It is all self contained with doors that close and lock so his piles can remain untouched and unseen!!! (You're my inspiration... little blast from the past Chicago style!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me!!! You are amazing!!! I wish I had even half this talent. My brand new home needs some decorations and I don't even know where to start. You have done some amazing things and I too am inspired, just wish I had a little me time in my teaching, being mommy, and wife schedule.

    You are amazing, one of these days I will be back in New York where my husband is from and I will come find you.

    Miss you!!!!

    MINDY - 435-724-8956 call me sometime, especially when you are in Utah again.

    ReplyDelete